Recipe Salad

The Summer Recipe: Watermelon and Feta Salad

08:35Unknown


Fact number one: I'm definitely no chef. In actual fact I have been known to be so bad that I've even heated up a pre made curry wrong (all the packaging I left it in melted-it was a disaster, but thats another story!) But when I saw this super easy summery salad online a couple of weeks ago I just couldn't help but give it a try, and it only takes 5 simple steps!


You will need: 
- 1/2 a watermelon 
-Quater of a cucumber 
-A handful of Feta cheese 
-A few mint leaves 
-100ml of Balsamic Vinegar 

Step one: Begin by scooping out your watermelon, I did this by pre cutting a grid into the melon and then used a spoon to scoop out the middle, as I wanted to use the melon as a bowl and therefore keep it whole! You then just need to chop up the fleshy part of the melon you've scooped out into bite sized pieces. 
Step two: Chop up the cucumber into little squares and mix with the melon. 
Step three: Pop the balsamic vinegar into a saucepan and heat up on a low heat in order to form a balsamic reduction. 
Step four: Shred the mint leaves and add them to the mix, as well as some crumbled feta cheese.
Step five: Make it all look pretty with a little more feta and some mint leaves to garnish, then drizzle on the balsamic glaze, and your good to go!


This is so yummy, definitely a good summer time lunch option especially as tesco are stocked high with watermelons at the moment! Or even as a little salad to go at a BBQ, definitely looks impressive for just five little steps!
Really hope you enjoyed this post, will be back to beauty for the next one I promise! 
Caitlin B x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form