Autumn 2014 AW14

Blair Waldorf Inspired Look - AW14

09:46Unknown



With this months Elle and Vogue raving about all the new AW14 trends, I just could help my self wanting to try out a few autumnal looks, as it appears to be drawing in rapidly! As I'm sure your all fully aware by now I'm a gossip girl fan gal, so it will be no surprise that the inspiration for this look was from the Queen B herself Leighton Meester better known as Blair Waldorf.
This was quite a heavy editorial look, that she wore in a shoot with Ed Westwick for Elle (picture at end of post). I thought she looked so sultry and sexy, and the colours were just perfect for this fall, that I had to try it out for myself.
    

The Base: I started with a dewy base so I opted for the Bourjois Healthy mix foundation in the colour no 53 (I did have to fake it up a little, my tan has faded so much!) I then concealed under my eyes and covered any blemishes with my Collection 2000 concealer in Light 2. 
Leighton has such lovely natural brows with a nice arch, that haven't been overly filled in. I therefore just filled in any sparse areas lightly with my Mac Charcoal brown eye shadow on a angled brush. 

The Eyes: For this I used my Clinique Colour Surge Quad in number 10 Air Kiss, they're always giving these away in bonus time so watch out! I started by going all over the lid with 'Twilight mauve'  I really worked on building up the colour with this to get a nice light base all over.  I then used the second purple shade in the pallet 'Stone Violet' and blended with into the outer corner and in the crease to start the smokey sultry look, the colour is matte so perfect for creating a shadow in the crease. I built this up and continued to blend until the colour was as intense as I desired. To intensify further I went in with the dark shimmery purple from my Loreal Luminous p2 quad, and used a cotton bud, to add this to my outer lash line, just messily tap in on and then blend out with a fluffy brush in little circular motions to the outer corners.
To darken the lash line I added my Maybelline gel liner just to the outer part of the lash line, this is really key to the look, to intensify the outer lashes. I made the line quite thick and messy and only winged out very slightly. 
I finished they eyes with lashings of my Clinique High Impact mascara, and then added a few Eyelure individual lashes to the outer corners to give the eyes a pretty fluttery look, still concentrating on the outter edges of the eye. 


Cheeks: Leighton looked heavily bronzed up in this look so I went in heavily with my Nars Laguna Bronzed to try and tan up and create those beautiful high cheek bones Leighton has. I went in with the brush using a 3 shapes motion going onto the temple then in the hollows of the cheeks and then down under the jaw. I did go a little on the cheeks too to tan up a little more. I also added my blush Cliniques Bashful Plum,  which is a nice browny toned pink into the backs of the cheek bones too just to intensity the contour.

Lips: Sounds crazy but I actually used a brown eyeliner (Rimmel- Panama) to line the lips, I then went all over with the Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in 107- this is one of my fav autumn winter colours! The lips were quite glossy in this look so I opted for the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacour in Big Bang, I think they actually do a darker red shade which would have been better for this look, but hey you gotta work with what you've got sometimes, and this red shade is a little more wearable and less scary for most people to try pull off! 

I absolutely love this look, it actually makes me a little excited for autumn to come, I think the mauve eyes and the dark sultry lip works so well together, and bringing the bronzed skin into autumn just looks so beautiful! I really hope you enjoyed this look, let me know if your try out something similar!

Caitlin B x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form