Book E. Lockhart

The Book Review: We Were Liars

09:58Unknown


There was so much internet hype over the recent release of We Were Liars by E. Lockhart that I couldn't restrain myself from ordering a copy.

 Here's the break down: The main setting is a private idyllic island off of the coast of New York. And the story is told by Cadence Sinclair who comes from a beautiful and well-off family. Although, who knows the secrets and lies that hide behind the perfect facade? 

It's so hard to talk too much about the book with out giving away major spoilers. But I will tell you it's full of love and jealousy and revenge and mystery. And all of the things make a reader feel connected to a story. However, how the plot unfolds at the end, although is a little melodramatic, is something you'll never see coming! E. Lockhart's writing is so remarkable in this book. It is so beautifully poetic just at the right moments to engage you in the story, I read the whole book in just a day, I didn't want to put it down because I was so intrigued to find out what happens on the next page. 


I think this was a pretty excellent read, and it's pretty short at just over 200 pages so I think it will make great easy summer reading! I would personally highly recommend!

Let me know what you thought if you've read We Were Liars too,

Caitlin A

x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form