Bioderma Cleansing

The Comparison: Micellar Solutions

11:44Unknown


So as the craze of using micellar solutions to remove your make-up and cleanse your face has blown up over the last few months. It has been the most popular alternative since traditional face wipes have recently been given the big no no!
There are loads to try on the market but I've tried out just 3 of them and I thought I would let you know what I thought of them. 

Bioderma Hydrabio H2O is possibly the most popular choice for most people, it is raved about all over the internet; and for good reason! It dissolves your make-up quickly and this formula is for sensitive dehydrated skin which is definitely the one for me. The big down fall with Bioderma is it's not easy to get hold of in the UK, although that is slowly changing. Its available in some small pharmacies or I usually buy mine from Amazon for around £12, so a little pricy in comparison!

The L'oréal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution is what I was using as a cheaper and easier to find alternative to Bioderma. But it definitely isn't as nice. I feel like I have to rub as my eyes a lot harder to get all my make-up off and I have to use more product to do so, therefore it runs out a lot faster. However, it does still do its job, just maybe not quite so well! This is widely available in drugstores and supermarkets for around £4.99, but it is often on offer!

Finally, when Garnier released their competing product, the Micellar Cleansing Water I wanted to try it immediately. However, as it was new it was on offer everywhere and every shelf was empty; clearly people had the same idea as me! So the other day I grabbed the last one on the shelf and I'm so glad I finally got my hands on it! This dissolves make-up even quicker than the others but what I loved most about it is the soothing feeling it leaves on your skin, like it's also been moisturised (but don't forget to still moisturise after too)! This is also widely available and the same price as the L'oréal option (for A LOT more product) and is also usually on offer. This will definitely be my choice of Micellar solution from now on!

Let me know if you've tried any of these and what you thought!

Caitlin A

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form