Base Dior

The Review: Dior Star Foundation

09:30Unknown


Round of applause goes to Dior's latest base drop - Diorskin Star Foundation. I was looking for a new foundation when the new year started, when I found a little invitation in my Elle Magazine to try out the new Diorskin foundation. All I had to do was go to the counter in order to receive my free 7 day trial, and like the makeup maven I am, I was at the counter in a heartbeat! 

Now with a name like Star, it really had a lot to live up to from the start, and let me tell you it didn't disappoint! In the world of foundation, its hard to find a 'dewy' finish foundation, thats not totally sheer in the coverage department, it was hard to find a happy balance until this came along. I was never much of a double wear kinda gal, but fancied something a with a little more coverage from usual and this totally satisfied my cravings. Its a very build able coverage and a little really does go along way, a couple of pumps almost a little too much to cover the entire face. The formula leaves a beautiful sheen to the skin, and blends until it is virtually undetectable, its what i'd call a perfect skin in a bottle kind of product. Its definitely enough base to brighten up the dull winter skin but with a light texture which doesn't feel like you've caked on a load of product. 

And as for the packaging? - Totally luxe as you'd expect, a definitely get what you pay for job. The Dior counter actually have a colour matching device, which makes the whole awkward colour matching process a dream. I was matched to 030, which is a little more tanned than colours I normally go for, I obviously must think I'm far more Bella Swan esque than I actually am! 

So all in all, a beautiful foundation that makes my skin look like I've had about 10 hours sleep and been eating salads and green juice everyday - winner I think? 

Caitlin B xo 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form