Accessorise AW14

Steal the look: Burberry Prorsum

17:42Unknown


Print, colour and attention to the beautiful little details, what more could a girl want from an AW14 collection? This seasons Burberry Prorsum collection has it all, beautiful textures from elegantly flowing chiffon to classic knits, all filled with colour from spring inspired muted pastels to the heavy warmth of autumnal tones, seamlessly blending through seasons.
The thing that stood out the most to me however, was the beautiful composition of each look, the elegance and style created from the layered textures. Now, like every other student out there, I definitely CANNOT afford the luxury that is high-end fashion, so trying to fight the urge to max out a credit card, I’ve decided to take inspiration from the catwalk without breaking the bank, opting to take the printed graphic scarf’s tucked into a cinched belt out for a spin. It’s such a simple idea, and a complete winning formula if you want to master layering this fall, and when its worn by the likes of my all time style guru Olivia Palermo, you know its worth giving a go.  The look is so versatile it can suit every style, from the girly girl when paired with a pencil skirt or midi dress, to bohemian with a kimono. The best thing about the look…you probably already own the perfect scarf and belt sitting in your wardrobe, and if not it won’t cost a fortune, I’ve seen some perfect ones on the high street in New Look and Topshop and even faithful Primark always have a few hidden beauties in the scarf department!


I opted for a chiffon scarf from Topshop, which I’ve had hidden in my collection for a fair few years, paired with a tan belt, with little cut out flower print, I think the extra detail really adds to the over all effect. The belt is quite long as I’m wearing it around the waist so I decided to wrap the extra part over the belt adding texture and different dimension to the outfit. I think this is a really cute look, so easy to pull off and it the easiest way to pull of layering this autumn! 

Caitlin Baker xo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form