Food Glunten Free

How To: Super Healthy Pancakes

09:14Unknown








On my quest to be fitter and eat healthier I came across a recipe for 2 ingredient pancakes again and again. And I was like 'Surely you can't make pancakes from just eggs and bananas?!' So I thought I had to give it a go. Now, I did add a few ingredients to add taste and to make sure they came out resembling more of a pancake but they are still very simple and still wheat free, so perfect for anyone with a wheat intolerance or just as a healthier option for a bit of a treat!

What you need:
2 eggs
1 banana (mashed)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
A sprinkling of cinnamon (optional)
A handful of oats (optional)

Method:
Whisk the eggs and mix with the mashed banana, make surely it's pretty well mixed! Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together. The baking powder helps the pancakes to rise and I also found that that oats tend to hold the mixture together a little better. You will need to lightly grease a pan, if you want to be super healthy then you can use coconut oil here, or if not just ordinary oil or butter will do! Spoon a small amount of mixture into the pan on a medium/low heat and flip over to cook on the other side after a minute or two. 

To finish, I topped it with some fruit and a little drizzle of maple syrup. (I know that's not healthy but I couldn't resist!) But use your creative license and put what ever you want on top!

Although they don't taste quite like ordinary pancakes, I think they are a pretty damn good substitute when you're trying to kick bad eating habits. I've been loving making these after my Sunday morning run and eating them out in the sun!

Caitlin A

x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form