Dramatic eyes makeup

Glamorous Golden Eyes With Sellotape?

09:47Unknown






 Who would have known such an every day house hold item could come in so handy when it comes to the make up department? Ive tried this technique on so many occasions when I want quite dramatic and striking eye make up, for nights out and special occasions, and I think its a more edge, cool take on a classic smokey eye. Today I went with a golden theme especially for summer as its a look I think I will recreate lots the summer, as it will look so lovely with a tan! So if you want to know how I created this look then read on...

Products used: Urban Decay- Naked 1 Pallet, Nars- Laguna Bronzer, Benefit - Watts Up, Rimmel - Wake me up foundation, Collection 2000 - Concealer, Benefit- Sugar Bomb Blush, Rimmel - The falsies Mascara, Maybeline - Gel Liner, Revlon- Afternoon Tea Lipstick. 

Base: I started by applying Watts up, underneath my foundation in the areas I wanted to highlight, so on the tops of my cheekbones, under my brow bone and down the centre of my nose. I then went in with my Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation on a Real Techniques Expert Face brush, and buffed it all over my face to create a nice dewy glowing skin. 

Eyes: I then took two pieces of Sellotape about 4 inches long and placed it under my lash line in an angle that would meet my brow if it were extended. I then took the colour 'Buck' on an angled brush and drew in a line just above my natural crease and winging out to meet the tape. I used this colour first to create the fake cut crease shape without going in to harsh straight away! Then take a flat shader brush and fill in the corner (between the drawn line and the tape) with the same colour. Once your happy with the shape you can then go in with the colour 'Dark Horse' and add that on top into the corner to create intensity. To intensify further I then went in with 'Creep' the darkest shade in the pallet, and added this right to the corner and outer part of the crease to create and ombre/ darker intense look. Once the colour is in place I then took a clean blending brush (or if you don't have one a cotton bud will do) and blend from the original line you created to create a softer and more smokey effect. Once your happy with the outer colour, I then went in with 'Half Baked' the golden colour and and swept this all over the inner and centre of the eye lid. Also carefully blending the colour to merge with the darker colours in the outer corner. I took the gold right into the inner corners and tear duct area to brighten the eyes. I then took off the Sellotape to to check that the shapes I had created were even. To intensify the line further I took my Maybeline Gel liner and traced the first part of the line from the lash line, making the outer eye lashes look thicker. I made my line quite nice and smudgy rather than super precise, to make it look less like dramatic liner. 
I then finished the eyes with my Maybeline The falsies mascara to give my lashes length and volume! 


Finishing touches: I look my Collection 2000 concealer on my Ecotool Buffing Concealer brush to clean up any fall down under my eyes. As I was going for a golden summery look, I then took Nars Laguna Bronzer on my big power brush, and buffed it onto my cheeks, temples, down my nose and under my jaw, and then popped Benefit Sugar Bomb on the apples of my cheeks, concentrating the brush onto the peachy colour of the 4 in the box. To finished I went for my perfect nude in Afternoon Tea from Revlon, to compliment the really heavy and dramatic eyes.  
I really hope you like this look, let me know if you create a look with sellotape and what you use! 
Caitlin B x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form