Fibrology Hair

L'oreal Fibrology and The Reverse Wash - Worth the Hype?

09:10Unknown


I am a total sucker for advertising. Just show me Blake Lively's hair looking all gorgeous and shiny in an advert and I'm sold! Which is the exact reason I went out the very next day especially to trial L'oreal's new Fibrology range, that claims to thicken the appearance of your hair. Being someone with quite fine hair I was all over this concept and couldn't wait to give it a go. I begun using the products in the usual way shampooing, washing out, conditioning leaving for a few minutes then rising out, and although I was skeptical and thought it may be a gimmick, after a couple of washes I did feel like my hair felt slightly thicker! Result you would think! However, I did feel like my hair was heavier and weighed down, therefore harder to create volume. I then decided to trial it out using a volumizing mousse after washing my hair and used The TRESemme 24 Hour Body Amplifying Mousse, and this I felt was a winning combo!  Thicker, and more voluminous hair. I would so recommend giving this a go!

So after reading Glamour UK, news edit of 'Reverse Shampooing', and countless posts on the latest trend, I decided to trial it out for myself. The concept is simple; you use the conditioner first and then the shampoo. The theory being that you won't be left with that nightmare of 'is my hair just this smooth or have I just not washed the conditioner out' in the shower- 21st century girl problems ay? Meaning that when you don't quite wash the conditioner out you are left with residue that weighs down your hair making it flat and harder to create volume. The reverse wash therefore aims to eliminate this problem. 
I tried this out half way through trialling the Fibrology, hoping to create nice bouncy hair without it being weighed down! However I was not convinced, I felt it made my hair more tangled than usual, my hair is naturally on the dryer side so if you have hair that is heavier and gets greasy easily this might be worth giving a go, but I was not sold! Massive thumbs down right here, Ive been reaching for the hair mask to try and get it back to norm. Very disappointing. 
Let me know if you've tried this method, or if you've tried the Fibrology range!
Caitlin B x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form