Awkward Facial Expressions.

The Cringey Reality of Posing for Photographs

08:41Unknown


Is it just me or does everyone dread the day a new employer asks to take a photo for your ID card or to put on the company website? We'll this horror was thrust upon me not to long ago, and when I was finally sent through the results last week it was safe to say I was mortified! The light was extremely unflattering, my face looked pretty chubby and lets not even talk about the eye brow sitch! 
So after I finally got over it, and vowed never to look at them ever again, I decided to research into the cringey reality of how to pose for photographs and this are the little tips and tricks I found....

The Mirror is Your Best friend - This really isn't as vein as it sounds I promise! But take the time to really just look in the mirror and study your face. Most people have asymmetrical features, so by turning your head slightly to the side this can be minimized. But taking the time to look in the mirror you can decide which side you like better - left is the one for me! By turning your head the eye is drawn from the top of the head down to the chin rather than left to right or eye to eye, meaning the face also looks slimmer - bonus!

Stop That Double Chin - A girls worst fear! This usually happens when the lens is below eye level. To prevent this look up and towards the camera, and project your chin ever so slightly, lengthening the neck. Also just avoid short cameramen!

Keep Shine at Bay- Make sure to powder through the T- zone to prevent shine! Although gorgeous dewy foundations look beautiful they don't always photograph to well making you look like you've been sweating it out in the gym! Powders I really like include the Rimmel Stay Matte and the Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Pressed Powder.

Lift Your Tongue- This is one of the oldest tricks in the book. By lifting your tongue to the roof of your mouth just in front of your teeth when smiling your whole face will instantly lift, making the cheeks appear plumper and reducing any sagging skin you may have under your chin! - Free facelift if you ask me!

3, 2, 1 GO!- Always try and avoid the awkward fake smile! Try asking the photographer to count you down to avoid doing the awkward smile for too long and getting that - frozen deer in headlights- look. When he hits one look up at the camera and smile and it should look more genuine. 

I hope these help some of you, so you don't have to put up with a terrible ID picture for the next year like I do! 
Caitlin B xo 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form